Sunday, June 17, 2012

Finding the files on the CD and different startup options

My son called me with the news that the computer would do nothing but display an "NTLDR is missing" message. I tried to give him instructions over the phone, like Robert Stack in "Airplane." Got home, realized the problem is serious. Luckily, I found your site on my Blackberry, followed the instructions and...civilization has returned! Thanks you so much. Couple of suggestions: for Dummies (like yours truly) you could explain how to find the appropriate files for copying from the cd drive to the c drive (I just used the search function, but I was thrown at first when I didn't see the files on the menu). Also, the last instruction, the final instruction, the driving of the golden spike instruction, was different on my machine. I had to go system-advanced-start up and recovery. Just a different set of menus, but again, I was worried that I'd get oh-so-close to the goal and fall short. Anyway, the story ends happily thanks to you, and I'm very grateful!

No comments: