Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Just xyz before you make the boot disk

I get this email from time to time, someone makes the boot disk and they get back into Windows, they do some digging and find out what the problem was, then fix it; and then email me to let me know how simple of a fix their problem was; and maybe I should just edit my page to list that fix at the top, so other people with a similar problem don't have to go through all the steps of making the boot disk. However, everyones "xyz" is different, if 99% of the time the problem was a loose IDE cable, that's the only thing I'd ever mention, but it's more likely that's the error .1% of the time. When I next sit down to revamp the site, I do want to put in a "I'm reading this from my cell phone and I can't get to another computer to make a boot disk, what are all the things I can try until then" section.

No comments: