Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Selling TinyEmpire.com - info on making boot disk will still exist


I got an email thanking me for the help and saying they were sad to see I'm selling TinyEmpire.com; but I reassured them that while tinyempire.com may go away, the information about making the boot disk to work around the problem will not, it will likely just be located on another website. A few years back I purchased ntldrismissing.com and requested people link to that instead of tinyempire, and right now I'm pointing it to the specific tinyempire page, but I can point it to whatever other site, probably milescomer.com slash missing.htm if I had to guess.

Whoever runs that ComputerHope website that has the top ranking on google for "ntldr is missing"; I should really reach out and ask them to either link to my new site: ntldrismissing.com , or have them copy the boot disk info in it's entirety, and have them upload the files needed to make it as well. It's not like I own any of the files anyhow, they are all Microsoft system files.

While I'm at it, I'll answer the question "why don't you sue other people who take the files, put it into a boot disk, and sell it"; because they aren't my files. ntldr, ntdetect.com, and a very basic boot.ini is in your Windows XP install right now; if you delete it, you can get copies from the Microsoft installation disk. All I'm doing is making it super easy, giving directions, providing answers if questioned, and adding a bunch of extra choices to the boot.ini file.

And I have to give it away for free; if nothing else because of all the free help I've gotten from all the other webpages out there that give away answers for free :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for the ntldr missing solution. It worked just brilliant...

Anonymous said...

Searched everywhere and you provided something that works and solved the problem. I can now access Windows xp. Your a hero!