Saturday, February 9, 2008

Can't get back into Windows without bootdisk

*Just in case anyone was wondering, I'm male. I realize the page is written very non-gender, but most webpages are.
*Got this email 14 hours ago:
Madam,

I followed the directions in your website very carefully regarding how to troubleshoot my pc with NTLDR is missing. I used my usb flash to troubleshoot it and i downloaded the ntldrusb.zip. I inserted it at my broken pc and it really works. After that I restart my ps, then the message NTLDR is missing appears again. Whenever I want to open my pc, i use my usb flash in order for it to function correctly. please help me with my problem madam. Do I need to install again the windows xp or not?

Thanks & More powers,

*I replied with this:
I'll try to reply back more in depth later. But you likely do not need to install winxp again.Hop on back to the page http://ntldrismissing.com and look for the section "I can't get back into winxp without the bootdisk"

*And then followed up with this:
Here you go:http://tinyempire.com/notes/ntldrismissing.htm#What_if_the_bootdisk_worked,_but_I_can't_get_into_Windows_without_it?

No comments: