Saturday, February 9, 2008

Error message on Server - Then setup doesn't detect hardware

*In you first inquiry for assistance, please let me know if you've tried the floppy and if it worked
*Got this email 2 days ago:
i have a hardware problem i have server 2003 installed in my Dell Poweredge server i worked in properly when i restart the server sudently its NTLDR is missin gand i cant reboot my server then i wanted to install the server again but in setup messaged me that your hard Drive is not installed or connected.....would u help me thanks

*I responded with this:
First: Did you try my solution from http://ntldrismissing.com/ ? Did it work?
It's possible you have a hardware failure of that hard drive, most Dell's have a "Hard Drive Test" in the BIOS. You might give that a try.
Otherwise it sounds like you need to do that "Press F6 to install 3rd party or SCSI drivers" thing when setting up server. That might be why it doesn't see the hard drive.

*User responded with this:
ohhh no
u know what was the problem...?
the computer couldnt find the drives then i change the drives places,then i reinstall the server again...
and thanks from ur help if i face with more problem then i will email u thank once again

No comments: