Saturday, February 23, 2008

No OS installed and NTLDR error during setup

*If you don't have an OS and are getting the NTLDR error during an install of Windows XP. I'd recommend just wiping the whole hard drive and starting over. If it keeps happening, I suppose you should suspect the CD install disk or the Hard Drive as failing.
*I got this jaxtr.com text message 6 days ago:
hey yo, i just fiinshed trying your ntldr missing solutions, no luck. but the thing is that i dont have any os installed what im trying to do is install an os on my HD(2partisions)
*Today I replied with this message (and I'm angered that it took me so long and that I used the word "like":
Yeah I get people saying that occasionally. I almost think it's a
hardware failure of like the hard drive.

I'd suggest backing up the data, and using Windows XP's setup to
delete all the partitions and then recreate them from there.

No comments: