Saturday, February 23, 2008

Installing Windows and partition no longer marked as active

*Got an email from a guy who donated 2 days ago:
Thanks, man. You saved me a ton of f###ing around with Windows... Good,
direct solution to the problem, among all the other stuff I was doing to
get around this.

Seems like it worked in conjunction with other stuff I was trying
(Partition magic, etc etc)

*I replied with:
Thanks for the donation :)
Feel free to fill me in on the details of what else you were doing.

*They wrote back:
I believe now that the "active partition" flag wasn't getting set on my
partition - even though the tools seemed to insist it was.

I used Partition Magic to toggle it between partitions a couple of
times, and that seemed to get it working. I would never have thought of
it without your tool proving that the XP partition itself was fine,
though. What a relief, I really detest installing Windows.

No comments: