Saturday, February 23, 2008

Problems burning the CD

*I sympathize with how hard this is to make the boot devices. I wish I knew of an easier way as well :( Unfortunately the way PC's are made, only certain things can make Windows XP bootable. That's why I give you an .exe file to make the floppy, and then point you to the ISO recorder to make the CD-ROM http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/isorecorder.htm and that the USB device forces you to boot to DOS, press a button, and then reboot the machine again.
*If any of you do know of an easier solution I'm all ears. But until then...
*I got this email as a form message sent from my website 4 days ago:
PLEASE HELP!!!!
My family computer runs on Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005, and I am getting a message reading "NTLDR is missing Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete to restart" when I try to boot my computer,

now my personal computer runs on windows vista I tryed basically all your burning methods and they did no work with the cd,

my dads computer runs the same operating system Windows XP Media Center edtition 2005, is there a possible way I could copy the files (if possible what files) from his computer onto a disc and then put it in my computer and be sure it works,

please help me!! My family is in debt and we can't afford the Warranty for Compaq to get 14 days for 50 dollars!!!

*I responded today with this:
The program ISO recorder should just allow you to just right click the iso file to burn it to a disc:
http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/isorecorder.htm

Specifically if you are using Windows Vista, you want to use this version:
http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/Vista.htm
And probably the 32 bit version.

What you are asking about copying the files from the other Windows XP Media PC are correct, and that's exactly what I've done with the cd-rom solution I have on my website.

You could try having someone else on someone elses computer burn the cd for you, or maybe make the floppy.

Once you get into the 10 choices, run through those, and as long as nothing else is wrong with your computer, you should be able to boot back up.

No comments: